Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nariyal Suji Ladoo ( Coconut Suji Ladoo)

Hi Readers,

This is yet another, easy to make dessert recipe, that can be stored for a weeks duration. I had prepared this on auspicious Maha Navami. For the first time, I replaced the normal halwa with a Ladoo to distribute. Well,  occasionally when time permits,  I prepare food and distribute among the beggars outside temple. My thought behind doing this is, if I give them money, I do not know where they would spend it. It could be used for food, medicine or may be for alcohol. Moreover, they would seldom get a chance to eat something tasty. So, this time on Navami, I had prepared Poori, Chana aloo curry and Nariyal Suji Ladoo to distribute among them.

 The ladoo was a hit, my husband also liked it so very much. I had kept a box full of it separately for our household, and he finished it in just two days. That was awesome to see him liking it. So, here is my own recipe of it.


Ingredients :-

Suji/Rava - 1 cup
Coconut/Kopra Powder - 1 cup
ghee - 2 tbsp
jaggery - 4 tbsp
milk - 1/2 cup
magaj(pumpkin seeds ) - 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp


Method:- 
 Roast Suji/Rava  on low flame till pink.Add little ghee and mix well.
Take it out and keep it aside. Now, add 1 cup water, and jaggery.
Mix well and keep cooking to form syrup consistency.
Add Suji, coconut & milk to it and cook for more 2-3 mins.
Mix the Magaj and sesame seeds, turn off gas and let it mix well.
When the mixture is little cold and you can form balls out of it, take small quantity and form balls.
You can also spread this in a baking tray and when its cool, cut it into square pieces. 




No comments:

Post a Comment